Thursday, February 28, 2013

Michelle Obama

With all the hype about her Oscar's presentation I thought I would talk about the first ladies initiative to reform the nations eating habits.  This article speaks about the success of her movement "Let's move!"  Although the second half of the article is more about the first lady's presidential life, the first illustrates something new.  According to the article there has been a drop in obesity.    It seems like maybe a new society change is happening in America, one in which moving and eating better are becoming "in."
My favorite quote from the article is "If we could fry water in Mississippi, we would, we would do that," Roberts, who grew up in Pass Christian, Mississippi, said. "Food is a culture."  Although I agree that food is culture (think Italy: spaghetti and pizza, Ireland: potato, and France: croissants), I don't  think that this is an excuse to "fry water."

1 comment:

  1. I think obesity is a huge problem in America and i am happy that the first lady is trying to do something about it. I think he movement "Let's Move" is great and will really encourage people start being active and exercising. There are so many health problems that people with obesity can face, and a simple way to prevent that is just to get up and move! I hope she continues with thsi movement and it is glad to hear that there has been a drop in obesity.

    ReplyDelete