Friday, April 26, 2013

Final Summary

I found that obesity rates increase the economic status decreases.  This was along the lines of my theory, but I was surprised to find that the difference in the ratios between men of higher and lower class and the ratio of women of higher and lower class were so different.  Male obesity rates are generally equal, but across the board (all majority, minority groups), women of lower income had more instances of obesity.  I found one study that blames this on not knowing what is poor nutrition, they are lazy or to busy to cook, to tired after work to exercise or have no access to gyms or good food.  I wasn't surprised at this finding, I got a boat load of food at McDonald's yesterday for $6 and in 10 minutes.  It is easy, fast and cheap, something that people with less money, or working multiple jobs may need.

No comments:

Post a Comment